University Area Commission meetings are open to the public, so please attend and have your voice heard. Please note the rules below if you want an opportunity to speak during the public comment period of a Commission meeting (speaker slips are not required at the meetings of individual committees).
Commission meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month starting at 6:30 at the Northwood & High Building Room 100, 2231 N. High St.
The Commission’s committees meet at separate times, generally the first week of the month. Links to the Committee pages can be found here.
Visit our calendar to view UAC’s calendar of meetings.
Recent UAC Meeting Agendas
- November 15, 2017 UAC Agenda
- Oct. 18, 2017 UAC Agenda
- Sept. 20, 2017 UAC agenda
- June 19, 2017 UAC Agenda
Rules for Addressing the Commission
The following rules shall apply to the general public when they wish to speak before Commission at a scheduled Commission meeting:
- Speakers slips must be filled out completely including name; address; organization; description of item to be addressed; whether the individual will be speaking for or against the item; subject if non-agenda. Download a speaker slip.
- Speaker slips must be delivered personally by the individual wishing to speak on the day of the meeting prior to 6:30 along with any materials to be distributed and/or filed with the Commission. The Commission will not entertain incomplete speaker slips.
- The Commission encourages individuals to submit written testimony and/or contact the appropriate committee chairperson in advance to discuss their concerns.
- Individuals are not permitted to complete multiple slips for others who wish to speak and commission members are not permitted to complete speaker slips over the telephone for members of the public wishing to speak.