» Download Schedule as a PDF: 2016_zoning_schedule_guideline
Please be advised that application deadlines are one week prior to the Zoning Meeting. Consult the posted schedule for specific dates. Cases received after the deadline will be considered at the following month’s meeting.
Application deadlines are one week prior to the Zoning Meeting. The Zoning Committee meets the first Monday of each month, except when a holiday falls on the 1st Monday.
Before you submit:
- Contact Zoning Chair – Susan Keeny, (937) 479-0201, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact City of Columbus Zoning staff – Office: (614) 645-7433; Weekdays: 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Contact the University Area Review Board (UARB) to determine if your project requires a Certificate of Appropriateness. Contact: Dan Ferdelman @ (614) 645-6096; email: email@example.com.
- Work with zoning clearance & city staff to determine all variances needed.
- Fill out application submit copy of Zoning Variance Application to Zoning Chair (http://columbus.gov/Templates/Detail.aspx?id=67581)
- Along with the application please include:
- Site plan showing both existing property/building and proposed project.
- Plans, building elevations, renderings & photos that best explain the scope of work
- Clear Statement of Hardship explaining why variances are being requested
- For Council Variances, please be able to explain why changes of use or changes to a CPD text are needed
- For Graphic Variances, please provide new signage plans/designs/ photos/renderings to explain variances being requested.
The first step in the variance process is to schedule a meeting with the Zoning Committee. Every case that appears before the Zoning Committee is also presented before the full body of the University Area Commission (UAC), which is a recommending body to the City of Columbus. The UAC meets the third Wednesday of each month and votes on the requested variances. This vote is communicated to the City (Board of Zoning Adjustment, City Council, and Graphics Commission) which has the final determination on all requests for variance.
At least seven (7) days prior to the zoning meeting submit application & materials, either electronically or as hard copies, to Susan Keeny, Zoning Chair. In addition to emailed copies, applicant is responsible for providing hard copies of presentation materials at all meetings. Contact zoning chair with further questions.
Zoning Committee meets In the Pride Center, 248 E. 11th Avenue @ 6:30 PM.
University Area Commission meetings are held at the Northwood High Building, 2231 North High Street @ 6:30 PM.
2016 Zoning Committee Schedule