University Area Commission | Governance Committee Report
Meeting Details: Wednesday December 2 2015, Northwood and High Building, Started 6:13 PM and Ended 7:07 PM
Attendance: (P: Present, A: Absent, E: Excused, G: Guest, R: Resigned) Sharon Young (P), Doreen Uhas-Sauer(P), Colin Odden (P) Jennifer Mankin (R), Steve Volkmann (P), Kate Neithammer (R), Michael Sharvin (P) and David Hegley (P)
- Clarification on when current terms end for Commissioners
- Commissioner terms expire at the start of the annual meeting (January 2016 meeting) Therefore, attendance at the January Committee meetings are still required for members who will be leaving office at the start of the January meeting.
- Clarification on when Committee annual reports are due
- Committee’s annual reports are due at the start of the annual meeting on January 17, 2016
- Explained all proposed by law changes which have not yet been voted on by the Commission will be passed on to the next Governance committee to bring forward so new Commissioners have the opportunity to review the changes and have input on the proposed changes.
- Discussed requirements of speaker slips and there availability at Commission meetings
- There was extensive discussion on the current speaker slip used by the Commission included the importance of having the forms available before each Commission meeting.
- In general there is some basic information on the form is outdated, but as these items get updated the Committee decided it was a good time to review the form and make changes that are appropriate and in line with our by laws.
- A final version of the revised speaker slip will be voted on at the January Governance Committee and if passed will be available at the January Commission meeting.
- Below are the proposed changes, other changes can and will be considered at the January Governance Committee
Speakers will be heard in the order in which slips are received. Commission bylaws allow three minutes per speaker. Speaker slips for zoning cases will be accepted up to the beginning of the Zoning Committee report, and slips for other matters will be accepted until the beginning of the agenda item Public Comments & Announcements. Speaker slips must be filled out completely.
Your Name: ______________________________
Your Organization (if applicable): ______________________________
Your Address: ______________________________
see PDF for details in this section Governance Notes 12-02-15
Please do not write below this line
Time Received: __________ Order received: __________
- Here is a link to the current form: http://universityarea.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/UACSpeakerSlip.pdf
Next meeting is January 6, 2016 at 6:00 PM in Room 100 of the Northwood & High Building