University Area Commission – Governance Committee
Agenda – September 3, 2014
According to Article IV Section 7: The Governance Committee shall:
a. Implement these by laws and elections rules as required;
b. Research the effectiveness and applicability of these by laws and make recommendations to the Commission for amendments to the by laws;
c. Conduct the orientation of new commissioners;
d. Coordinate t he internal activities of the Commission.
- Finalize language for proposed by law changes to handle Zoning cases
- Final review of proposed language:
Section 7, Paragraph d:
- d. The following time limits and order will be adhered to for all zoning cases heard before the commission:
- Zoning Committee presents the facts of the case 5 Min (max)
- Applicant presentation 7 Min (max)
- Zoning Committee report 5 min (max)
- Public Comment (max 3 people each pro/con): 2 min each (max)
- Only those who complete speaker slips prior to the case being heard will be considered for speaking
- Commission discussion 1 min (max) per commissioner who wishes to speak a single time for 2 rounds
- A commissioner cannot save time for their second round or transfer their remaining time to someone else. A commissioner cannot let someone else speak on his or her time.
- Applicant response 3 min (max)
- Commission vote
- The zoning committee prior to his or her appearance at a commission meeting will provide a copy of this section to each zoning applicant.
- Open discussion and questions on proposed by law changes
Committee Members 2014 Commission Year
Note: Agenda subject to change