University Area Commission
July 16, 2014 6:30 p.m.
2231 North High Street Room 100
6:30 Call to Order, Welcome, Roll Call
6:35 Approval of Minutes – Terra Goodnight (Vote)
6:40 Treasurers Report – Seth Golding
6:42 Announcement of District Vacancies
6:45 Brief District Concerns – 1-2 minutes per commissioner if important concern; otherwise please make announcements at end of agenda
6:55 Reports – reports only; questions from commissioners will be taken at the end of the last report and should be specific to information provided
- Officer Smith, Columbus Police Department
- Isom Nivins, City of Columbus
- Erin Prosser, Campus Partners – see ‘Presentations’
- Matt Hanson, University District Organization
7:15 Committee Reports from June committee meetings
Zoning – Susan Keeny
South Campus Gateway Project – preliminary presentation and discussions about rezoning for the parcel located south of Gateway between 8th & 9th Streets, & High and Indianola. No vote required at this time.
Code Enforcement – Tom Wildman
Governance – David Hegley – bylaws revision: zoning presentations, 2nd reading
Planning – Jim Bach: discussion of UIRF funding priorities (see ‘New Business’)
Community Relations – Terra Goodnight
Ad Hoc Committee on Education
8:00 Public Comments & Announcements – 3 minutes per speaker; open to public
- Martin Butler, manager of operations at Neighborhood Services, Inc., 1950 N High re: report families NSI serves in University Area zip codes
- Campus Partners re: development plans for parcels south of Gateway
8:15 New Business
- Commission bus tour/training event
- UIRF project list (potential vote)
Executive Committee Meeting
Next UAC Meeting – August 20, 2014.
*Agenda is subject to modifications by the presiding officer and items may be taken out of order.
Download a copy of the agenda.