University Area Commission – Governance Committee
Agenda – March 5, 2014
According to Article IV Section 7: The Governance Committee shall:
a. Implement these by laws and elections rules as required;
b. Research the effectiveness and applicability of these by laws and make recommendations to the Commission for amendments to the by laws;
c. Conduct the orientation of new commissioners;
d. Coordinate t he internal activities of the Commission.
- Continue discussion on proposed by law changes to handle Zoning cases
- Proposed change (by the Zoning Committee-changes in red) in order and wording of Article IV, Section 7 Paragraph d:
- d. The following time limits will be adhered to for all zoning cases heard before the commission:
- b. Zoning committee report/recommendation: 2 5 min (max) Chair reserves right to ask for extended 5 min for complex cases.
- Commission debate discussion: 2 min (max) per commissioner who wishes to speak. Applicant presents case: 5 min (max)
- Public comment (max 3 people each pro/con): 3 min each (max) Commission comments/questions: 2 min max per commissioner. Applicant may answer, but comments/questions to be addressed to chair.
- Applicant presents case: 5 min (max) Public comment: 2 min max. Chair has authority to end comment period.
- A copy of this section will be provided to each zoning applicant by the zoning committee prior to their appearance at a commission meeting. Applicant rebuttal: 2 min max
- 6. Applicant rebuttal: 2 min (max) Remove A copy of this section will be provided to each zoning applicant by the zoning committee prior to their appearance at a commission meeting.
- Set agenda and direction for the Committee agenda in 2014
- Current items:
- Ohio Sunshine laws Requirements on the Commission
- Email correspondence as a public record
- Document retention periods for the Commission
- By laws surrounding attendance
- A more succinct description of what is needed in MEMBERS (Article II section B)
- Please bring other items for discussion, the 2014 Governance plan will be voted on.
Committee Members 2014 Commission Year
Note: Agenda subject to change