University Area Commission – Governance Committee
February 6, 2013 6:00 p.m.
2231 N. High St., Room 100
According to Article IV Section 7: The Governance Committee shall:
- Implement these by laws and elections rules as required;
- Research the effectiveness and applicability of these by laws and make recommendations to the Commission for amendments to the by laws;
- Conduct the orientation of new commissioners;
- Coordinate t he internal activities of the Commission.
Agenda for February 6, 2013:
- Evaluate the options discussed and reach decision on which option to move forward to the full Commission.
- Move the elections to the first Saturday in March
- Leave the elections at the first Saturday in June and change when the nominated and appointed seats to being due in April.
- Move the elections to the first Saturday in November
- Based on decision determine what sections of the by laws need be revised
- Assign by Law sections for review and if applicable proposed language changes.
All Commissioners who would like input on this proposal are encouraged to come to the meeting.