University Area Commission – Governance Committee
January 2, 2013 6:00 p.m.
2231 N. High St., Room 100
Agenda (download as PDF)
1. Moving UAC Elections to prevent the problem of not having a quorum in June
a. Discuss what changes need to be made to by laws and other impacts to the Commission when moving the elections to November to more closely align to the traditional local and national election timing.
b. Determine the impact to the UAC calendar by having a lame duck session for 2 months start the new Commission year in January
1. November elections align more to traditional voting patterns
2. New Commission year would align to the City Fiscal year
1. A lame duck session would take place and there is a risk Commissioners who lost or were replaced by their organization could leave and cause a quorum problem.
2. Major overhaul of the Commission by laws and calendar year
c. All Commissioners who would like input on this proposal are encouraged to come to the meeting.